SWZ Insurance is nationally known for our specialization in providing insurance to the trucking industry. The trucking industry is a vast, diverse industry, and within this industry, we have carved out a niche as specialists for what many people call “cross border trucking,” or what is more appropriately termed NAFTA Trucking and Distribution.
Among other things, the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA, creates a special 50-mile commercial trade zone along the U.S./Mexico border.
We write trucking, warehousing and distribution companies which haul goods to or from this trade zone. This market has exploded with growth over the past 2 decades, and at SWZ Insurance, we are uniquely positioned to help trucking companies who wish to capitalize on the demand for companies needed to move freight from the trade zone.
Part of the reason we are the top choice for many trucking companies who haul freight to or from the trade zone is because of our three decades of specialization in insuring the trucking industry. As such, our knowledge of the trucking industry, the insurance industry and the myriad FMCSA and DOT regulations is unmatched. The owner of the company has a law degree, and his focus in law school was insurance law, contract law, and DOT regulations.
We Can Insure:
- Any size account – 1 truck to large fleets with hundreds of trucks
- Trucks coming from Mexico to the United States
- U.S. Based trucking companies with Mexican drivers or drivers with an International CDL
- Reporting policies offered based on Gross Revenue; Gross Mileage; or Gross Unit Count
- Local, Intermediate and Long Haul radius accepted
- We can write companies hauling livestock
- We can write new ventures
- We represent every MAJOR insurance carrier that specializes in this class of business
- We can cover your Warehousing and Distribution operations
- Physical Damage
- Motor Truck Cargo
- Excess Cargo
- Excess Liability/Umbrella
- Warehouse Liability
- Contingent Liability for Brokers
- Contingent Cargo for Brokers
- Workers’ Compensation for U.S. Based Companies